About Me

My photo
In Search and Research

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birth of a Crow

I was in Kyushu for my farewell. It was here that I announced that I shall be leaving soon. It was planned to be a one day program but ended up becoming three days program. So many things transpired and i should take them down before time erases from my memory space. Many people were recounting their memories with me. Most of those i was aware but there was one special which must mention. There is a lady who used to come from Khagoshima. It was very far from Sai center. In those days i was trying to correct pronunciation of people in Sanskrit. There was particularly problem with Ka and Kha. It was very difficult. Few of them got it with careful observation and practice. Most of them got into habit of practicing Ved Mantra at any free time of the day. This lady worked in a office and there was a tree nearby. On that crows used to perch and make loud sound, which was like ka ka. This reminded her that she should practice her pronunciation and make it better. After that when ever she heard that sound she remembered me.
It was very interesting to hear such a feeling. So i told That I am a big crow. People were amused and so was I. Later Tasaka san told me that Makino san wanted to translate and publish the conversation which i had at Kitakyushu center. I told that i did not have any objection to it but my name should be removed from it. The reason i gave was that having name serves no special purpose rather it will only keep on bloating my ego. So I suggested that my name should be replaced with Crow. It appeared that he was not convinced. So i told him story of Kagabhusundi. Divine crow who was blessed by Lord Ram and helped Garuda in getting over pride and ego by recounting stories of Lord Ram. It was liked by him. I too thought about it later and wanted to different aspects of it.
It looked very appropriate. Crow is not liked by many but it is critical part of the society. it is very versatile. It is social. It is scavenger. it is messenger. It is ugly. It is vocal. It is hard. it is ubiquitous. It is simple. It is always striving hard. In most of the story it is a fool. It represents dead and announces arrival of living.
A crow was born on this trip.

No comments: