About Me

My photo
In Search and Research

Monday, December 27, 2010

Kitchen

I took up this book names Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto.
Name of the book is strange so is the name of the author. Even characters were strange appearing from nowhere and vanishing when you started thinking about them. There was mention of kitchen in the starting abut then again there was nothing much. One should not read lines in this book but what is going on behind lines.
I hardly found a sentence worth taking down. I think this book was not meant for that. There was story and it was always going backward rather than moving forward. There would be a page forward but then it would move years back. I could only understand the turmoil of the protagonist in the pages. Only in the last page I could find something worth copying down.

Hitoshi:
I will never be able to be here again. As the minutes slide by I move on. The flow of time is something I cannot stop. i haven’t a choice. I go.
One caravan has stopped another starts up. There are people I have yet to meet, others I will never meet again. People who are gone before you know it, people just passing through. Even as we exchange hellos we grow transparent. I must keep living with the flowing river before my eyes.
I earnestly pray that my girl-child self will always be with you.
Foe waving good bye I thank you.

No comments: