About Me

My photo
In Search and Research

Friday, April 2, 2010

Gayatri and World conference theme

Gayatri camp was organized by devotees of Kansai area. i was supposed to assist them in learning correct pronunciation. Like any scientific research i went through more and more reference available on internet. Every source had a different version to talk. Even in same addition there was no consistency. Knowing the taste of Japanese for standardization, i was bit afraid to step into my role. With lot of trepidation i began and every thing as taken care. There was never a time of doubt. He had taken care of everything it went on smoothly.
There was distinctly moment when I felt His supply coming. it was when there was comparison of Gayatri with the world conference theme. World conference has theme of GOD IS, I AM I, LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL. Gayatri has five parts. The first is Om. I hardly understand anything about it, like I don’t know anything about God. So i compared Om to "God Is" part of the theme. I had few quotation and parables to tell Om is verily God. I resisted the temptation to go in to those and skipped to the next. Next part of Gayatri mantra told BHUH BHUVAH and SUVAHA these have been translated in different ways depending on whom you are reading. So I chose the simplest that is of Swami. Three refer to our three components of personality body mind and soul. This made me clear that it has something to do with I AM I. in extended form of Gayatri there are seven words corresponding to seven Lokas and in Prashnottara Vahini Swami tells that these are seven part in our body. At some point I read that these are different levels of consciousness in our existence. Till now the job appeared easy.
Next i had three lines of Gayatri and two phases left in theme. i did not get any resemblances . So I was undecided about them. While talking when I came to this point I told something which was surprise even to me.
The line tatasaviturvarenyam vaguely means The sun is adorable. Now I extended the meaning. Sun is splendor and glory. Adoration is outcome of love. What does loving all mean? I feel instead of loving every one should love God. And that takes care of love towards every one. Like pouring water at the root and water reaches every leaf and all tissues of tree. So when you love God, in fact you love all. So when you adore God you love all. So this was also clear to me that tatasaviturvarenyam is love all.
I was more hopeful that next stage of meaning would also come. And indeed it arrived following this. I was sure that next two line will refer to the last part of the theme. Bhargo devasya dheemahi dhiyoyonaH prachodayat broadly means I meditate on you and bestow me with illumination of intelligence. Why do you want to have intelligence? In general worldly sense you need intelligence to perform something. So what will happen when god will bless you with illuminated intelligence? You will do something good deed. And according to sage Vyasa there is only one good deed that is to help others ( paropakaaraaya PuNyaaya). So that is like serve all. Was it so easy?
Thank to Swami the job went on well. Initial reaction which I received was that people had liked it. I don’t know how much of those comments were true but I am still basking in joy.

No comments: